It would be impossible to provide you with the highest standard of dental care without digital x-rays. Dental x-rays are the only way we can see inside your teeth and under your gum line where most oral health problems begin. If we don't detect these issues in their earliest stages with a digital x-ray, the problem will worsen and eventually lead to discomfort and the need for more complex dental treatment.
With that said, we know that many of our patients are concerned about the number of x-rays they receive and their exposure to radiation. Dr. Shah cares about your safety, comfort, and well-being, so he has invested in low-dose digital x-rays at our Wylie, TX dental office.
Using digital x-rays offers numerous benefits to our patients:
- Reduces your radiation exposure by as much as 80 percent compared to film x-rays.
- Highly detailed images allow us to detect a problem in its earliest stages.
- An invaluable educational tool for our patients as it allows you to see what Dr. Shah sees giving you a better understanding of your treatment and overall dental health.
- No harmful chemicals are needed for digital x-rays, making it better for your health and the environment.
- Dental x-rays can be digitally stored in your patient record so we can refer to them as needed or easily send them to insurance companies or specialists in a matter of minutes.